Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Psalm of Lament

Of Michael. A Lament.

1 Father, you have walked before me, with me, and you will walk after me.

2 You have been the constant and consistent presence in my life.

3 You have been the one who walks on the dangerous side of the path for my protection.

4 To this end I will glorify you forever and ever; I will sing to your praise day and night.

5 The path that I am now walking down is filled with new trials and struggles.

6 My inclination to try and traverse the trail alone is great; do not forsake me to a lonely journey.

7 I know that thieves and robbers are awaiting me on this path and that they will try and steal my heart away from you.

8 Father, you are my guide that shows me the steps to take.

9 Whenever I have relied on you in the past, you make sure that my footing is secure and stable.

10 You have given me the wisdom to avoid the cliff falls and endless pits in the past.

11 You have given me the insight and ability to help others as well as myself, anything I have accomplished is only because of you.

12 To this end I will glorify you forever and ever; I will sing to your praise day and night.

13 Father, this is the path that you have set before me.

14 Do not allow me to stumble upon it.

15 Father, these are the thieves and robbers that you have allowed upon this path. They will try to destroy me and others. They will try and rob you of your glory.

16 Do not give me over to them.

17 This path is greater than any I have ever before traveled; this path is filled with more cliff falls and endless pits than any I have ever before encountered.

18 Do not let me fall into them, for I alone cannot see them. It is only you that can help me to avoid them.

19 You will forever be my guide and I will continue to rely upon you to lead me.

20 I know that you will hear and deliver those that call upon you and trust in you.

21 To this end I will glorify you forever and ever; I will sing to your praise day and night.

22 You sent your son to die for my sins to provide salvation so that I would not be lost upon my journey.

23 To this end I will glorify you forever and ever; I will sing to your glory day and night.

24 I know that you will never forsake me; you will not stop molding me and shaping me until I am the finished product.

25 To this end I will glorify you forever and ever; I will sing to your glory day and night.

26 You have healed my heart and you have made my soul whole.

27 To this end I will glorify you forever and ever; I will sing to your glory day and night.

28 When I follow you, I do not see harm no matter how tough the trails we have traveled.

29 When I have not followed you, you have restored me when I called upon you name. You have been the faithful one, you have been the strong one, and you have been the merciful one even when I have not deserved your grace.

30 To this end I will glorify you forever and ever; I will sing to your glory day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment