Wednesday, May 02, 2012

24 Years Later

The Huffington Post has just acquired some new amateur footage of the 1986 Challenger Space Shuttle disaster. The footage is interesting in that it grabs the immediate reaction of the spectators.

I was in high school at the time and I still remember a classmate coming up and telling me about the explosion. I was in complete disbelief until more and more reports started coming in. This shuttle mission was different in that it included a teacher and a family friend of ours was one of the teachers that had applied for the position. I have no idea how far into the application process our friend ended up going. But it took what was a larger than life story and gave it a bit of a personal twist. It was with great interest and sadness that I watched the video and found myself moved even 24 years later.





No comments:

Post a Comment